All the bells














Turner Prize-winning artist Martin Creed developed a collaborative artwork that enabled people throughout Britain to welcome the Olympic Games and those participating in it to the country. 
At 8.12am on July 27, members of the public were invited to ring any type of bell available to join a chorus of thousands of others in expressing their enthusiasm for the Games.



St Jude's has two bells acquired in August 1932 from the demolished church of All Hallows the Great, Upper Thames Street although only one is used. It was forged in 1670 from the metal of the medieval bells melted during the Great Fire of London in 1666.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...